Monday, December 13, 2010

A Call to Prayer

There is a LONG story to come called "A family for Shea". It's just the beautiful beginning of an even longer story I'm sure, but it's about an amazing family and the unexpected way God has brought us together over a little boy named Shea. :) There is a family interested in adopting Shea (who have to remain anonymous at this point because of legal reasons) but I met with the mother this past Saturday and it was wonderful. (Yes - can you believe they live close by!?) They still have a long way to go - and will need all the financial help we can give them to bring Shea home - so YES we are continuing our fundraising efforts! I can't wait to tell you all about it - but at this point in time I strangely just don't have the words. I am in need of some recovery time - physically, emotionally and mentally - so that story will just have to wait a little longer.
But in the mean time - please continue to pray with me.
And in your prayers - praise God for His love and wisdom in bringing all of this about in only 2 weeks! Thank Him for allowing us to work in His plan for Shea. Pray for strength and courage for this family and the new journey they are embarking on. Pray for comfort and love to rest upon Shea every day - protecting him until he can be united with his family. And please pray for peace and renewal on our family - that we may continue to serve and trust God's plan.
As I said - it is only the beginning.
But with God as the Beginning and the End -
I am already looking ahead at a happy ending. :)
Thank you all.

2 comments:

  1. I find it so hard to beleive that this started only 2 weeks ago! I imagine you need time to recover!
    That is amazing! You have been doing amazing work - never forget that. And the fact that this family lives close to you. That just gives me chills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna you are doing such an amazing thing. You guys have been in my thoughts and prayers, as has this adorable little boy! I look forward to God's plan continuing to unfold!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Songs for Shea


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones